Monday, July 21, 2014

Work-free weekend [includes Thursday 7/17]

I'm back!
Sorry about that, I had another busy day on Thursday, and then I woke up at around 3:45 Friday morning to fly to Maryland, where I visited a lot of my friends. After the fun weekend with them, I came back home at around 11 PM Sunday night and went to bed straightaway.

So, on Thursday, my group and I started contemplating our first experimental field test. That is to say, we talked about what we were going to do and we gathered all of the materials necessary. We made mental checklists and went shopping at local hardware stores. We double checked the GRIT (Goniometer at R.I.T.), set up the illuminator lamp for lighting, set up the spectrometer fiber, etc. All of us except for one poor coworker were taking Friday (or Friday and Monday) off, so we didn't actually do anything that day, we just got ready to. 

After that I went home, bought gifts, packed, and then went to bed. I'll spare you all the details. 

-----------ADVERTISEMENT ALERT-----------

By the way, if you're looking for more information about the chess event, here's the Community Chess Club of Rochester's blog. 

http://blog.rochesterchessclub.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment