Thursday, July 24, 2014

Wednesday, day #umm i lost count

Yesterday, we had a meeting about preparations we are going to take for our field experiments that start (hopefully) next Monday. My research advisor re-discovered an old infra-red goniometer that is made for very small samples, and we might use it later on for help with measurements. We are also expecting an oven to arrive soon (not the oven you use to cook crepes, the lab is getting a Bench Series Oven, almost exactly like this http://www.humboldtmfg.com/product-images/H-30145E_lg.jpg). We also talked about what we were going to do once on the field, what we were going to set up, etc. Soon, we will move everything that we are bringing to storage so we can keep inventory and transport them more easily.

For lunch, I went to crossroads by myself, where I met a group of deaf people who were all either finishing up college or were going into their 4th year at RIT. I had an interesting talk with them about what they were doing, and how their experience was/is here at RIT.

Afterwards, I still failed to troubleshoot the GPS. Because of this, my research advisor will find and obtain the proper contact information for support. After this, my coworkers and I didn't really have much to do, so we just talked a bit and then went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment