Monday, July 7, 2014

And the journey begins.

Well, let me start off by saying hello.

Hello!

Welcome to my RIT CIS Summer Internship blog, where I will post a daily update on my internship experience. I will be describing what I did, what I learned, what I achieved, what I enjoyed, along with many other "whats" throughout my 6 weeks of being an Imaging Science intern in the Remote Sensing lab.

Today was my first day, and here's what happened:

-all of the interns got to meet one another 
-we split into groups and went on a scavenger hunt, and made a movie about our adventure and what we found
-we watched said movies and were given awards for various reasons
-we went over the "boring stuff" (quote from Bethany Choate), including rules and code of decorum

After that, we went off to our labs and met their research advisors, mine being Dr. Chip Bachmann.

Dr. Bachmann introduced himself, quite friendly so, as well as giving me a short abstract of the Remote Sensing lab and the sorts of things I could expect to do over my next 6 weeks. He also introduced me to the several graduate and undergraduate research students who are now known as my co-workers- although they deserve a more prestigious title on this blog- and I am now ready for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment