Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Still have a long way to go...

Well, today was day #2, although I guess we could call it my first day on the job. Today, I actually used some software, and learned about the equipment that I would use later in the summer. I doubt that you'll be surprised when I tell you this: I made a list of things that happened today!


  • We started off the day with our daily intern meeting, as expected. Mr. Callens showed up promptly at 8:45 AM and went on to let us know what he knew about our schedule for the rest of the week.
  • Dr. Bachmann showed me some of the basics of ENVI (ENvironment for Visualizing Images), one of the many programs that I will use throughout my internship. He also showed me some of the key features that I should learn to use. 
  • Dr. Bachmann also introduced me to several goals of Remote Sensing, and different things that I should aim for throughout my internship. 

Screenshot of some basic ENVI features
  • I got a good look at the equipment (I won't bother you with the technical details) and was able to visualize and 'see' how i would be using it later in the summer.
  • I also got to get to know my fellow 'co-workers' better. (I'm still not sure what to call them...Sorry.)
  • For the rest of the day, I just kept playing with the software to see what the different features were, et cetera.
That's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment