Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Monday # 3

All of the interns and. a few others. had a webcam meeting with a man who graduated and went to graduate school at RIT, and now works at NASA. He gave up his lunch break and talked about his experience at RIT, gave detail about what he did, what he majored/minored in, et cetera. Afterwards, we had Q&A, and then we all got back to our day.

One of my coworkers gave me a list of "random tasks" to do, which really helped me get a better sense of direction with what I was doing.

So, for the next week or so, I will be doing some or all of the [paraphrased] things below:

  • GPS
    • Troubleshoot connection issues
    • collect test data
    • download said data on the computer
    • perform correction on data
  • Find/Design a field cart
    • find a cart that fulfills some specs
    • make sure it is portable, etc
  • Coding
    • look at the code
    • realize what it is doing
    • possibly modify it
    • look at different BRDF rendering code
      • modify it so it works better with GRIT
  • TAFKAA
    • use it!
    • learn/see what it does
Yeah. That's pretty much my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment